White Chicken Chili
Lighten up a heavy chili with ground chicken and chicken sausage.
- step-by-step directions
White Chicken Chili
- Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 1 Red or Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 4 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 3 links Chicken Sausage (casing removed)
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted Fennel Seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoning Salt
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 6 ounces mild Lager Beer
- 2 15- ounce cans Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Jalapenos (finely chopped and muddled with salt)
- 2 cups fresh Corn Kernels (cut from the cob)
- 4-5 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 4 cups Baby Spinach leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 2 roasted Poblanos (stems and seeds removed; chopped)
- Kosher Salt
- Honey Corn Bread to serve
- Sour Cream for garnish
- chopped Scallions for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and sausage and season with salt. Cook until the edges of the chicken are brown and meat begins to caramelize, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onions and bell peppers along with another pinch of salt and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the dried spices and cook until very fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes, and add the flour and stir for 30 seconds. Deglaze with the lager, scraping up brown bits form the bottom of the pot and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, jalapenos, corn, and most of the chicken stock, reserving 1 cup of stock. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and stir frequently. Cook over medium low heat for about an hour.
- Add the spinach, Parmesan, parsley, and roasted poblanos. Add a little more of the reserved chicken stock if needed to thin. Cook for another 10 minutes, taste/adjust seasonings. Garnish bowls of chili with sour cream and scallions and serve with cornbread.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions