Zucchini is in season and this dish is the perfect place to use it.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 yellow summer squash (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 shallot (finely sliced)
- 3 lemons (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1/3 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- Combine the zucchini and yellow squash in a colander in the sink and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the salt over it. Toss to coat, and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes, no longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic and shallot, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and whisk in the lemon zest and juice. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream, then the almonds and dill. Taste for seasoning and acidity (it should be nicely acidic). Add the zucchini and squash to the dressing, toss, and serve immediately.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cuisine Vegetarian Other Side Dishes
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber