Seared Salmon with Fresh Vegetables
Michael Symon's Zucchini Wrapped Salmon with Warm Radish Salad
- 4 pieces of Salmon
- 2 large Zucchini (slice thinly lengthwise on a mandolin)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped Dill
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespons Olive Oil
- 4 Anchovies (minced)
- 1 medium Shallot (minced)
- 1 small Garlic clove (minced)
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 bunch Radishes (quartered; keep the greens and wash thoroughly)
- To wrap the salmon, lay out 3 to 4 zucchini slices, overlapping them slightly. Place a piece of salmon on top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of mustard on the fish and sprinkle with come chives and dill. Wrap the zucchini slices around the salmon, and set aside, seam side down until you repeat the process with the remaining 3 pieces of fish.
- Preheat 1 large and 1 medium sauté pan over medium heat. In the large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, followed by the wrapped salmon, seam side down. Sear until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, then repeat on all other sides. When the salmon is browned on all sides, remove the pieces to a plate to rest.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil to the medium sauté pan. Add the anchovies, shallot and garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Next add the radishes and their greens and cook for an additional minute. Turn the heat off and add the lemon zest and red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1 piece of salmon on a plate and spoon some radishes, along with the warm vinaigrette over the top and around the fish.
Similar categories: Dinner