Almond Banana Bread
Want a healthier version for Banana Bread? Try this recipe!
- step-by-step directions
Almond Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted, plus more for greasing)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 overripe bananas (smashed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- almond butter (to serve)
- honey (optional, this is not Vegan, to serve)
- flaky salt (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to use.
- In the carafe of a blender, combine the ground chia seeds and water. Blend until smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes until thickened, while you make the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chia seed mixture and bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the toasted sliced almonds.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until golden on top and firm to touch. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To serve, slice the banana bread into 1-inch pieces and serve with almond butter, honey and flaky salt.
- Tip: Sprinkle your favorite nut on top for an extra crunch!
Similar categories: Bread & Pastry Appetizers Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers