Don't miss out on Mario's healthy Italian version of schnitzel!
Almond Crusted Scallopini with Apples & Arugula
- 1 1/2 pounds Pork Tenderloin (cut into medallions and pounded thin)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tart Apples (peeled & thinly sliced)
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 2 ounces Brandy
- 4 cups chopped Arugula
- Season the Pork with Salt. Place the Almond Flour in a shallow dish and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Dredge the Pork in the Almond Flour, allowing excess to fall off.
- Heat a large pan with 1/4 inch of Olive Oil over medium-low. Place a few coated pieces of Pork into the hot oil and cook until golden, then flip and cook until golden on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat a second skillet over medium-high with a few tablespoons of Oil. Add the Garlic and cook until light golden, and then add the Apples. Season with a pinch of Salt and freshly grated Nutmeg.
- Once the Apples take on a bit of color, pour in the Brandy and carefully ignite with a match or long-stick lighter. Cook until the flames subside.
- Serve the Apples and Arugula over the Scallopini with a drizzle of Olive Oil.