Bacon is the perfect addition to this easy to make pasta dish.
Angel Hair with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, and Mushrooms
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil; for drizzling
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese; freshly grated
- 1 cup Pasta Water; reserved
- 1 pound Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 pound thick sliced Bacon; cut in to Lardons
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts; shaved thinly
- 2 cups Crimini Mushrooms; sliced
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Place a large pot of Salted water over high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the Bacon with a drizzle of Olive Oil and toss in the Rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally until the Bacon begins to get crispy. In the meantime, cook your Pasta, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- When the Bacon is crisp, add Mushrooms with a pinch of Salt and some Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Cook for another minute then add the Brussels Sprouts. Next add the Rosemary, followed by 1 cup of the pasta water. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get any brown bits off then drain your pasta and add it to the pan. Toss to combine everything and finish with a pinch of Salt and some Freshly Ground Black Pepper, the Parmesan Cheese and a good drizzle of Olive Oil.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pasta Brussels Sprouts Angel Hair Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian