Bacon is the perfect addition to this easy to make pasta dish.
Angel Hair with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, and Mushrooms
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon (cut in to lardons)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 sprig of rosemary (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (thinly shaved)
- Salt freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pasta water
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring it to a boil. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the bacon with a drizzle of olive oil and toss in the rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon begins to get crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for one minute, then add the Brussels sprouts. Sauté until wilted.
- Add the pasta water. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get any brown bits off. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat. Add the Parmesan cheese and a good drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pasta Brussels Sprouts Angel Hair Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian