Dig into this fun and easy dip!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 apples (peeled and diced)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 sprigs thyme (leaves only)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 flour tortillas (cut into triangles)
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon cinnamon (mixed)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the Apple Dip: In a medium sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples, jam, thyme, chili flakes, lemon juice and zest. Cook until tender but still holding their shape, about 10 minutes. Add cider vinegar, cook 1 minute. Add water, stir until absorbed Serve with tortilla chips.
- For the Tortilla Chips: Fill a heavy-bottomed pot with a couple inches of oil. Preheat oil to 350ºF.
- Fry tortilla chips until golden and crispy. Meanwhile combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Using a large spider, remove fried tortilla chips from oil, allowing excess oil to dry away. Drop chips into cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss until coated.
- Serve tortilla chips alongside apple dip!
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Apples Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Dips and Spreads Holidays & Occasions Halloween
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal