Apple Sauce Cake
Not only does applesauce add tons of flavor, but it helps to keep the cake moist!
- step-by-step directions
Apple Sauce Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup room temperaturebutter
- 1 cup sugar (plus more for topping cake)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce (natural, unsweetened preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Apple Cider Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a 9" spring form pan by greasing and then flouring it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar and brown sugar, applesauce, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. The batter will be thick and resemble a dough.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan and place in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the center is set and the top is golden.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then remove from spring form pan. Slice and serve with a drizzle of apple cider glaze.
- Apple Cider Glaze: Whisk powdered sugar, apple cider, cardamom, ginger and salt together in a mixing bowl until combined.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Apples Courses & Meals Desserts Cakes Holidays & Occasions Christmas Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Desserts
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat