Put a little spin on classic hummus with this recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1/2 cup, divided)
- 2 cups artichokes hearts (frozen & thawed)
- 1 can Hatch green chilis (4 ounces, or 2 jalapenos seeds removed and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cups white sesame seeds (ground to a paste in a small food processor or mortar and pestle)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed, 15 ounces)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- grilled pita bread (for serving)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauté pan at 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add artichokes, chilies and garlic. Season with Kosher salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, sesame paste, artichoke mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/2 cup olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the pita: heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the pita with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook until warm and charred on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with hummus.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dips and Spreads
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions