Put a little spin on classic hummus with this recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1/2 cup, divided)
- 2 cups artichokes hearts (frozen & thawed)
- 1 can Hatch green chilis (4 ounces, or 2 jalapenos seeds removed and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cups white sesame seeds (ground to a paste in a small food processor or mortar and pestle)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed, 15 ounces)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- grilled pita bread (for serving)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauté pan at 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add artichokes, chilies and garlic. Season with Kosher salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, sesame paste, artichoke mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/2 cup olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the pita: heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the pita with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook until warm and charred on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with hummus.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dips and Spreads
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites Two Ways
Georgian Cheese Bread
Pork and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Skillet