Arugula and Quinoa Salad in a Jar with Sriracha Vinaigrette
A salad in a jar? What could be easier!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, smashed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Arugula and Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup mango (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup scallions (sliced thinly on a bias)
- For the Sriracha Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, add honey, apple cider vinegar, sriracha and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Add the clove of garlic and set aside to infuse.
- For the Arugula and Quinoa Salad:
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions and allow to cool.
- To Assemble: Remove the garlic clove from the sriracha vinaigrette and discard. Divide the vinaigrette evenly between four 16-ounce mason jars. Layer the remaining ingredients in the mason jars, starting with the mango, then the cooled quinoa, the arugula and finish with the scallions. When ready to serve, screw the lid on the mason jars and shake to ensure the salad is mixed and evenly coated with the dressing. Remove the lids and eat straight out of the jar!
- Tip: Perfect salad to assemble in advance. Use your favorite fresh vegetables, grains and salad dressings.
Similar categories: Salads
rate this recipe
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Orange Beer Spritz
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons