A tea party isn't required to enjoy these delightful little sandwiches!
Baby Cucumber Sandwiches
- 8 ounces goat cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 persian cucumbers (washed and thinly sliced)
- 10 pumpernickel bread
- In standing mixer, mix cheeses, butter and minced garlic. Add the parmesan, dill, parsley, and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, combine well.
- Pack mixture into container, and store in refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature before spreading on sandwiches.
- Place the thinly sliced cucumbers on a clean kitchen towel or paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Smear a layer of goat cheese spread on one side of each piece of bread. Shingle cucumbers over half of the slices.
- Top with remaining bread, cheese side down. Trim crust from sandwiches and cut each sandwich into 4 pieces. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- You can use any spices/herbs to taste.
- Make sure to dry the Cucumbers out so they don’t make the sandwich soggy.