From breakfast to dessert, Rachael Ray's chocolate waffles are the perfect treat for any time of day!
Bacon & Bittersweet Chocolate Waffles with Chili-Cinnamon Syrup
- 8 Slices good quality smoky bacon
- 2 Cups Multi-grain pancake and waffle mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2-2 Cups Whole milk (plus additional for thinning batter as needed)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted butter (plus some to brush waffle iron)
- 3/4 Cup Bittersweet dark chocolate (shaved)
- 1 1/2 Cups Dark amber maple syrup
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Small red chili (halved)
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- Fruit (for fruit salad)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake until crisp. Cool and chop.
- Place the pancake mix in a batter bowl and combine with the eggs, milk, butter and a few grates of nutmeg. When the mix is combined, stir in the chopped bacon and chocolate shavings.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush with the melted butter. If the batter gets too thick to ladle, add a little more milk.
- While the waffle iron heats up, place the syrup in a small pot with the cinnamon stick and red chili. Keep warm over low heat.
- Make some fruit salad to serve with the waffles while they crisp up in the waffle iron.
- Serve the waffles with the chili-cinnamon syrup, chocolate shavings and fruit salad alongside.