Don't feta! This delicous appetizer never fails to impressa!
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olive (pitted and chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2-3 tablespoons finely-chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound block Greek Feta
- 4 Scallions (sliced)
- 1 pound large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Assorted Bell Peppers (sliced thinly)
- Preheat yoru oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix the Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, 2 tablespoons Parsley, Oregano, Olive Oil and a few grinds of Pepper.
- Place the block of Feta in the middle of an 8x8 baking dish. Pile the Tomato mixture on top of the Feta. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has softened and melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the remaining Parsley and Scallions and serve immediately while still warm. This can be placed back in the oven to melt if the cheese starts to firm up again.
- Serve with Peppers and grilled Shrimp.
- To Grill the Shrimp: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the Shrimp with Salt and Pepper and grill for 2 minutes per side, or until Shrimp is opaque. Serve.