This healthy side is perfect for burgers, chicken, or any other protein!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries or Wedges
- 3 small-uncooked Sweet Potatoes (with skin on or off your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (to finish)
- 30 sprays Olive Oil (for fries & pan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika (optional)
- pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (if you have it) helps absorb the moisture. Peel if you want to then cut the Sweet Potato in half because they're normally very large. Now, take a half of the Sweet Potato and cut it into large slices about 3/4 inch thick. You'll then cut the larger slices into fries. Your fries should be 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick. and then soak them in water for around 45 minutes. This is the important step to make them crispy! Drain, and pat dry really dry. Toss the fries with the Oil spray in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Spread the fries on the baking sheet. Bake 25-35 minutes, turning halfway through. For even crispier fries, feel free to leave them in longer or broil for the last 1-2 minutes.
- Additional Cooking Tips
If you want to store pre cut fries in the fridge place cut potatoes in a bowl, and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Refrigerate; and sweet potatoes will keep up to overnight.
Try not to cook anything else in the oven while baking the fries, as well as if the fries are crowded too close together. They'll sweat instead of crisp!
Also, a lighter colored baking sheet is preferable - mine are very dark and I've started to have to cut my cooking time a lot to avoid getting them too dark or use the parchment paper.
Feel free to cut them smaller and cook them for less time - 15 minutes for the first side and 10 for the second side well for thinner fries or for thicker wedges cook them longer- around 20 minutes first side and then 15 for the second.