Baked Zucchini Spears Recipe: It's so good, you wouldn't even know this is a low-calorie swap.
Baked Zucchini Spears
- 4 medium Zucchini; cut into 1/2" thick spears
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil or Olive Oil Spray
- Marinara Sauce; for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- Blot excess moisture from Zucchini spears with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the Egg Whites until frothy. In a separate dish, whisk the together the remaining ingredients, seasoning with Salt and Pepper.
- Dredge the spears in the Egg Whites and coat completely in the Breadcrumb mixture. Place in an even layer on the baking sheet, leaving space between each stick. Drizzle or spray lightly with Olive Oil.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with warm Marinara Sauce.