Scrumptious and sweet, Carla's bakewell tart in a nutshell.
- Pâte Sucrée
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (plus for dusting)
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 10 tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Jam
- 10 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Ground Almonds
- 1 large Egg (whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (whisked)
- 1 Lemon (zest & 1 teaspoon Juice)
- 2 teaspoons Water (plus more as needed)
- For Pâte Sucrée:
- Whisk together the Egg Yolk, Cream and Extract in a measuring cup and chill.
- In a food processor, pulse together the Flour, Sugar and Salt until well-blended. Add half of the Butter cubes and pulse for 2-3 seconds. Add the remaining Butter and pulse a few times just until a few pea-sized pieces of Butter remain.
- Drizzle in the wet ingredients and pulse until the Dough starts to form a ball.
- Turn the Dough onto a lightly Floured surface and work in any dry ingredients just until incorporated. Do not overwork the Dough. Shape into a 2 inch thick disk and wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Generously Butter the inside of a 9" tart pan with removable bottom.
- Remove Dough from the fridge and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Lightly Flour your work surface and rolling pin then roll Dough out to 1/4" thickness.
- Using your rolling pin to help lift Dough, place over the prepared tart pan and gently press into the edges. Cut off excess Dough and reserve for another use.
- Place foil or parchment inside the Dough and fill with baking beans or weights. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove the baking beans and weights. Return to the oven and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For Filling:
- Once the baked crust has cooled, spread the Raspberry Jam evenly over the bottom. Set aside.
- Melt the Butter completely and pour over the Sugar in a large bowl. Stir until the Sugar dissolves then add the Almonds and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the sliced Almonds, and then transfer to the tart pan. Evenly distribute the Almonds over the top.
- Place the tart bake in the oven to cook for 30-35 minutes, checking to make sure the Almonds aren't burning. If the Almonds begin to turn too golden, gently tent with foil and continue cooking.
- Remove tart from the oven and allow to cool completely before adding the glaze.
- For Lemon Glaze:
- Stir together the Sugar, Lemon Zest and Juice along with the Water as needed until it is smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over the cooled tart before serving.
Similar categories: Desserts