Banana Bread Pudding
Banana Bread Pudding by Michael Symon
- For the Banana Bread Pudding
- 1 tablespoon Butter (softened)
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 2 1/2 cups Half and Half
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 6 Croissants (preferably day old; slice in half)
- 2 cups Sliced Bananas
- For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 4 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with the Softened Butter, and set aside.
- Whisk together the Eggs, Yolks, Half and Half, Milk, Sugar, Vanilla, Salt and Nutmeg.
- Place the bottom halves of the Croissants in the prepared pan. Add the Bananas in an even layer then add the top halves of the Croissants. Pour the Custard over the top, press down slightly and let soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover the pan with foil, tented with a few holes poked, and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 40 minutes until the Pudding puffs and the Custard is set.
- Remove from the oven to cool slightly while you prepare the Chocolate Sauce.
- Place the Cream, Sugar and Salt in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Bring the Cream to a simmer and stir until the Sugar dissolves. In the meantime, chop your Chocolate. When the Sugar has dissolved, add the Chocolate and Cocoa Powder, whisking until they have melted and everything is combined. Drizzle over the Banana Bread Pudding to serve.