Creamy Banana Cheesecake
Carla Hall's Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 40 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 24 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup ripe Bananas (mashed; about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup Milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Stiff Unsweetened Whipped Cream to garnish
- Banana Slices to garnish
- Vanilla Wafers to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan on the bottom and sides. Line the pan with a 3x30 inch strip of parchment. Place the springform pan in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil and wrap the bottom of the pan to prevent leakage.
- Melt butter and set aside. Place the vanilla wafers in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the melted butter and pulse until incorporated. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared spring form pan. Use a dry cup measure to help to evenly press the crumbs.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together for 3 minutes. Add one egg at a time making sure the egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the banana, milk and vanilla and beat just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the spring form pan and wiggle gently to release any excess air.
- Place the pan inside a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with water until it reaches 1/2 way up the sides of the spring form. Cover the entire roasting pan in aluminum foil. Bake for 75 minutes then remove the aluminum cover. The cheesecake should be only slightly jiggly in the center when done.
- Turn off oven and use a wooden spoon to prop open the door. Allow the cheesecake to cool for 1 hour in the oven and then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the fridge and chill for at least an hour or until ready to serve. Slice and serve with stiff whipped cream, banana slices and a vanilla wafers.