Attention brunch fans, you're gonna want to pain perdu this delicious French Toast recipe!
Banana French Toast
- 3 very ripe Bananas
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk (no stabilizers or gums)
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Vanilla Beans
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Nutmeg
- Butter Substitute
- 1 loaf Gluten Free Crusty Bread; sliced in 1/2-inch thick slices
- Maple syrup
- Fresh berries
- Coconut cream
- Vegan ice cream
- Allergen-free Chocolate Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, except Bread and Butter substitute, into a blender, and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour contents in a wide baking dish and arrange the Bread to soak in the mixture, at least 5 minutes, and up to overnight.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, and generously grease with Butter substitute.
- Pick up a piece of the Bread, letting the excess batter drip off. One piece at a time, place slices in pan, and brown until golden brown on both sides.
- Plate and serve with desired accompaniments!