Make your own basil pesto in minutes with Carla's quick and easy recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and whirl until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you're using the pesto immediately, add all of the remaining oil and whirl until smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- If freezing, transfer to an airtight container or ice cube tray and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)