Make your own basil pesto in minutes with Carla's quick and easy recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and whirl until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you're using the pesto immediately, add all of the remaining oil and whirl until smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- If freezing, transfer to an airtight container or ice cube tray and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.
rate this recipe
Banana Bread Boat Fondue
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders