Make your own basil pesto in minutes!
Carla Hall's Basil Pesto
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and whirl until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you're using the pesto immediately, add all of the remaining oil and whirl until smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl and mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- If freezing, transfer to an airtight container or ice cube tray and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and stir in cheese.