Smack your lips, sweet-n-sassy chicken is just the ticket for your next BBQ!
BBQ Chicken Creation
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 bottles spicy BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound button mushrooms (sliced)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- olive oil
- Prick chicken breasts all over with a fork. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour one bottle of BBQ sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Preheat a clean and lightly oiled grill to medium-high heat.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and butter. Once hot, add the mushrooms, and sauté until browned. Season with a splash of soy sauce to taste. Set aside.
- In another sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Grill the marinated chicken for 3-4 minute per side, until charred on both sides, but not completely cooked through.
- Pour second bottle of BBQ sauce in a baking dish. Coat the charred chicken with the additional sauce and arrange on a baking sheet. Spoon the sautéed mushrooms on top of the chicken. Place two pieces of bacon and some of the Pepper Jack cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese has melted and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry BBQ Chicken Chicken Breast Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Techniques BBQ & Grilling Grilled Chicken