Holy Schnikes! A scrumptious schnitzel sandwich that is oh so scrumptious!!
BBQ Chip Schnitzel Sandwich
- 4 Pork Chops (boned removed; about 1/4-inch thick)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- 1 cup Crushed BBQ Potato Chips
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Chile Flakes
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Gherkins (chopped; with the juice)
- 1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 4 Telera Buns or Hoagie Rolls (split)
- Mayonnaise (to taste)
- Pickled Jalapenos (to taste)
- Pound the Pork Chops until very thin and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Create a dredging station with Flour, Eggs, and BBQ Chips. Season the Flour with Salt, Pepper, and crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-heat. Add the Olive Oil, and once hot, add the Pork. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, combine the Gherkins, Lime Juice, and Hot Sauce. Add the Iceberg Lettuce and toss to coat. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread Mayo on each of the buns. Top with a Pork Chop, some of the Iceberg Slaw, some Pickled Jalapenos, Bacon, and serve.