Turn this delicious appetizer into a sandwich!
Beef Satay Sandwich
- 1 pound flank steak (thinly sliced against the grain)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Hoogie Boogie Salad:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- warm water (as needed)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 Bermuda onion (thinly sliced)
- warm baguette (cut in half crosswise)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh basil
- shredded carrots
- thinly sliced radish
- lime wedges
- Preheat grill to high heat and brush with vegetable oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a shallow dish and season. Dredge the steak strips in the yogurt mixture allowing excess to drip off and place on the grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Whisk together all the salad ingredients except the greens. Adjust seasoning to taste including the red pepper flakes. Thin with warm water until it resembles a light dressing. Toss with the mixed greens and onion.
- Place the grilled Beef Satay on the warmed baguette and top with the dressed greens. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Helpful Tips
1. Cut flank steak thinly against the grain to keep it from getting chewy.
2. Use a grill pan or cast iron skillet to cook the steak.
3. Thin the peanut butter with warm water.