Beef Satay Sandwich
Turn this delicious appetizer into a sandwich!
- step-by-step directions
Beef Satay Sandwich
- 1 pound flank steak (thinly sliced against the grain)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Hoogie Boogie Salad:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- warm water (as needed)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 Bermuda onion (thinly sliced)
- warm baguette (cut in half crosswise)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh basil
- shredded carrots
- thinly sliced radish
- lime wedges
- Preheat grill to high heat and brush with vegetable oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a shallow dish and season. Dredge the steak strips in the yogurt mixture allowing excess to drip off and place on the grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Whisk together all the salad ingredients except the greens. Adjust seasoning to taste including the red pepper flakes. Thin with warm water until it resembles a light dressing. Toss with the mixed greens and onion.
- Place the grilled Beef Satay on the warmed baguette and top with the dressed greens. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Helpful Tips
1. Cut flank steak thinly against the grain to keep it from getting chewy.
2. Use a grill pan or cast iron skillet to cook the steak.
3. Thin the peanut butter with warm water.
Publican Chicken with Chicory Salad
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
Kathy's Spicy Chicken
Flank Steak with Herb Dressing and Charred Broccolini
Whole Wheat Penne with Summer Squash and Arugula
Muffaletta with Olive Relish
Udon Bowl with Peanut Sauce and Grilled Chicken
Baked Eggs over Heirloom Tomatoes and Mixed Greens
Fresh Rigatoni with Zucchini and Corn
Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Scones with Lemon Glaze