Make this hummus using beets for a delicious snack or appetizer!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pre-cooked beets (store-bought)
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 carrots (cut into 2-inch sticks)
- 4-5 stalks celery (2-inch sticks)
- 8 radishes (cut into quarters)
- 1 package pita (toasted and cut into wedges)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the beets, chickpeas, feta, toasted walnuts, the zest and juice of a lemon, pulse to puree unti smooth. While pulsing add the olive oil and tahini. Season with salt.
- Serve with crudité and pita.
- Tip: if you can't find beets, add roasted peppers!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Snacks Dips and Spreads
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Autumn Pinata Cake
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip