Make this hummus using beets for a delicious snack or appetizer!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pre-cooked beets (store-bought)
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 carrots (cut into 2-inch sticks)
- 4-5 stalks celery (2-inch sticks)
- 8 radishes (cut into quarters)
- 1 package pita (toasted and cut into wedges)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the beets, chickpeas, feta, toasted walnuts, the zest and juice of a lemon, pulse to puree unti smooth. While pulsing add the olive oil and tahini. Season with salt.
- Serve with crudité and pita.
- Tip: if you can't find beets, add roasted peppers!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Snacks Dips and Spreads
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella