Make this hummus using beets for a delicious snack or appetizer!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pre-cooked beets (store-bought)
- 1 can chickpeas (14.5 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 carrots (cut into 2-inch sticks)
- 4-5 stalks celery (2-inch sticks)
- 8 radishes (cut into quarters)
- 1 package pita (toasted and cut into wedges)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the beets, chickpeas, feta, toasted walnuts, the zest and juice of a lemon, pulse to puree unti smooth. While pulsing add the olive oil and tahini. Season with salt.
- Serve with crudité and pita.
- Tip: if you can't find beets, add roasted peppers!
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Snacks Dips and Spreads
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers