A sweet & simple summertime dessert!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1/2 pound blueberries
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter an 8"x8" baking dish. Line with parchment paper that overhangs to create handles. Butter the parchment paper.
- Place the strawberries and blueberries in a bowl and toss with lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter and sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until combined. Add the egg, kosher salt, vanilla extract, and milk. Continue to beat until combined. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Place the berry mixture on top and gently push into the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crème fraîche whipped cream. In a medium bowl, combine the heavy cream, crème fraîche and confectioner's sugar. Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk, beat cream mixture to medium peaks. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve berry buckle warm with crème fraîche whipped cream.
- Tip: replace berries with fresh seasonal fruit or thawed, frozen fruit.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Courses & Meals Desserts Crisps, Crumbles, Cobblers, & More Holidays & Occasions July Recipes Labor Day Mother's Day Father's Day
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat