Forget the drive-through, make this burger tonight!
Michael Symon's Big Mike Burger
- 2 Lb Ground Beef (75-25 Blend)
- 4 Brioche Rolls (cut into 3rds like a Big Mac)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Romaine Lettuce (shredded)
- 4 Aged Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Tony Packo Sweet Hot Pickles (a few per burger)
- Pickled Red Onions (a few per burger)
- Symon Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Garlic Aoli
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown Mustard
- Hot Sauce (to taste)
- Pickle Juice (to taste)
- Garlic Aoli:
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced on microplane)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Make eight equal size patties from the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the patties on the griddle, about 3 minutes per side. Top four of the patties with slices of cheese when cooking the second side. Set aside.
- Butter the brioche and toast on the griddle until golden brown.
- To make the garlic aioli whisk all of the listed ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Make the special sauce by whisking together the garlic aioli, mustard, and ketchup. Add a couple dashes of hot sauce and a splash of pickle juice.
- Assemble with the cheesed patty on the bottom, top with pickles and onions. Add the middle bun, the second patty, spread with special sauce, shredded romaine and the top bun.