Big Mike Burger
Forget the drive-through, make this burger tonight!
- step-by-step directions
Big Mike Burger
- 2 pounds bround beef (75-25 blend)
- 4 brioche rolls (cut into 3 buns)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 4 aged cheddar cheese slices
- sweet hot pickles and peppers (to serve)
- pickled red onions (to serve)
- 1/4 cup garlic aioli
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- hot sauce (to taste)
- pickle juice (to taste)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced on microplane)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Make eight equal size patties from the ground beef about 1/2 inch bigger than the bun. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the patties on the griddle, about 3 minutes per side. Top four of the patties with slices of cheese when cooking the second side. Set aside.
- Butter the brioche and toast on the griddle until golden brown.
- Assemble the burger with the patty on the bottom, and top with pickles and onions. Add the middle bun, then second patty. Top with special sauce, shredded romaine and the top bun.
- For the Garlic Aioli: in a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, and mix to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- For the Symon Sauce: whisking together the garlic aioli, mustard, and ketchup. Add a couple dashes of hot sauce and a splash of pickle juice.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami