- 8 new Red Potatoes; diced size "A"-"2"
- Olive Oil spray
- 12 ounces Bison Sirloin; diced
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion; diced
- 1/2 small head of Cauliflower; coarsely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves; minced
- 1 Granny Smith Apple; diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Fennel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Sage Leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup low sodium Beef Broth
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Bring 2 quarts of Water to a rapid boil. Add Potatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Drain – do not rinse. Set aside.
- Coat a large well-seasoned cast iron skillet with Olive Oil spray and heat over high heat.
- Add Bison and cook for 2 minutes until medium-rare. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again, add Onion and cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add Cauliflower, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Potatoes, Garlic, Apples, Spices and Broth and cook 5 minutes.
- Return Bison to pan and toss gently to combine.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Gather hash in center of pan and place parchment paper on top. Place brick or weight on top of parchment and sear for 2 minutes.