Black Bean Soup with Lime Shrimp
Misty's Black Bean Soup will be an instant favorite!
- step-by-step directions
Black Bean Soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 14- ounce cans black beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1 14- ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- pinch Kosher salt
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- For the Black Bean Soup: In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until the onions become tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the black beans to the onion mixture. Use a rubber spatula or potato masher to mash half the beans.
- Stir in the tomatoes, heavy cream, and vegetable broth. Let the soup come to a boil. Once it's boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 11 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the Lime Shrimp: In a large bowl, combine the garlic with the olive oil, lime zest, crushed red pepper, parsley, and a sprinkle of salt. Add the shrimp to this mixture and toss them until they are coated; remove the shrimp.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp, add the lime juice, and cook for another few minutes, until the shrimp are opaque.
- Add the hot sauce to the soup and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and top each with 4 shrimp.
- Tip: Not a shellfish fan? Substitute your favorite protein, like chicken or steak!
Cashew Chicken and Bok Choy
Mediterranean Potato Pancake
Speedy Huevos Rancheros
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes