Black Forest Whip
So simple, yet so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 quart greek yogurt (strained)
- 1 pound frozen cherries (thawed and strained)
- 1 teaspoon kirschwasser (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
Chocolate Shell Topping:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or corn syrup
- Line a medium bowl fitted with a strainer with cheesecloth. Add the greek yogurt to the cheesecloth and strain out the excess liquid. Transfer the strained greek yogurt to a large bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- To a food processor fitted with a blade attachment add the thawed strained cherries and the kirschwassser. Process until chunky. Divide the cherry mixture in half and add one half to the greek yogurt along with the honey. Fold together until combined
- To serve divide the remaining cherry mixture between the serving bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture into serving bowls, and freeze until ready to serve. To serve, drizzle with chocolate shell. Serve immediately.
- For the Chocolate Shell Topping: In a large bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil and agave and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring in 30-second intervals. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Tip: Make a day in advance and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Similar categories: Desserts
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Flank Steak with Herb Dressing and Charred Broccolini
Publican Chicken with Chicory Salad
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
Kathy's Spicy Chicken