Black Forest Whip
So simple, yet so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 quart greek yogurt (strained)
- 1 pound frozen cherries (thawed and strained)
- 1 teaspoon kirschwasser (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
Chocolate Shell Topping:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or corn syrup
- Line a medium bowl fitted with a strainer with cheesecloth. Add the greek yogurt to the cheesecloth and strain out the excess liquid. Transfer the strained greek yogurt to a large bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- To a food processor fitted with a blade attachment add the thawed strained cherries and the kirschwassser. Process until chunky. Divide the cherry mixture in half and add one half to the greek yogurt along with the honey. Fold together until combined
- To serve divide the remaining cherry mixture between the serving bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture into serving bowls, and freeze until ready to serve. To serve, drizzle with chocolate shell. Serve immediately.
- For the Chocolate Shell Topping: In a large bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil and agave and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring in 30-second intervals. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Tip: Make a day in advance and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Similar categories: Desserts
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal