Black Forest Whip
So simple, yet so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 quart greek yogurt (strained)
- 1 pound frozen cherries (thawed and strained)
- 1 teaspoon kirschwasser (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
Chocolate Shell Topping:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or corn syrup
- Line a medium bowl fitted with a strainer with cheesecloth. Add the greek yogurt to the cheesecloth and strain out the excess liquid. Transfer the strained greek yogurt to a large bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- To a food processor fitted with a blade attachment add the thawed strained cherries and the kirschwassser. Process until chunky. Divide the cherry mixture in half and add one half to the greek yogurt along with the honey. Fold together until combined
- To serve divide the remaining cherry mixture between the serving bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture into serving bowls, and freeze until ready to serve. To serve, drizzle with chocolate shell. Serve immediately.
- For the Chocolate Shell Topping: In a large bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil and agave and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring in 30-second intervals. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Tip: Make a day in advance and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Similar categories: Desserts
The Sweet and Spicy Burger
Quick Caprese Salad
Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Fried Salami Provolone-Stuffed Hot Dog
Cherry Upside-Down Cake
Hazelnut-Crusted Swordfish Picatta with Charred Romano Beans
Spicy Peanut Grilled Chicken
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings