Carla's blackened chicken makes a perfect family dinner!
Carla Hall's Blackened Chicken
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablepsoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspsoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 chicken breasts/thighs (skin on and bone-in)
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1 lime cut into wedges (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine spices in a mixing bowl. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl and toss until all sides of the chicken are coated with spiced butter mixture.
- Cook chicken in a cast iron skillet for 3 minutes per side.
- Place skillet into oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked the juice run clear when poked with a knife.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve.