Carla's blackened chicken makes a perfect family dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablepsoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspsoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 chicken breasts/thighs (skin on and bone-in)
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- In a large bowl, add smoked paprika, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme and Kosher salt and mix to combine. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl and toss until all sides of the chicken are coated with spiced butter mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Place skillet into oven for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches a temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve.
rate this recipe
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce