Carla's blackened chicken makes a perfect family dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablepsoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspsoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 chicken breasts/thighs (skin on and bone-in)
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- In a large bowl, add smoked paprika, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme and Kosher salt and mix to combine. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl and toss until all sides of the chicken are coated with spiced butter mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Place skillet into oven for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches a temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve.
Pap's Turkey and Dumpling Soup
Ombre Potato and Root Vegetable Gratin
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus