Carla's blackened chicken makes a perfect family dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablepsoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspsoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 chicken breasts/thighs (skin on and bone-in)
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- In a large bowl, add smoked paprika, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme and Kosher salt and mix to combine. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl and toss until all sides of the chicken are coated with spiced butter mixture.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Place skillet into oven for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches a temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve.
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue