The charred spice crust elevates your fish to a whole new level
Blackened Red Snapper
- 4 fillets Red Snapper Fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (halved)
Cajun Seasoning Mix:
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- In a medium bowl add the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper, thyme, oregano and mix to combine.
- Coat fillets generously with seasoning mix.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Once butter has foamed, add snapper fillets (as many as fit comfortably,) skin side down, and cook until nearly opaque, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook another minute, then transfer to a platter.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with remaining fish.
- Squeeze lemon over the fish to serve.