The charred spice crust elevates your fish to a whole new level
Blackened Red Snapper
- 4 ; 6 to 8 oz. Red Snapper Fillets
- Unsalted Butter (to sauté)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Season the Snapper generously with the Cajun Seasoning Mix, and gently pat into the fish to stick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add equal parts Oil and Butter. Once it has foamed and subsided, add Snapper Fillets (as many as fit comfortably,) skin side down, and cook until nearly opaque all the way through. Flip and cook another minute, then transfer to a platter. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with remaining fish.
- Squeeze Lemon over the fish to serve.
- Cajun Seasoning Mix:
- Thoroughly mix together all ingredients.