Garnish with scallions to complete this amazing game day snack
"Blow Your Mind" Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Coconut Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves; minced
- 1 tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 3 Scallions; sliced - whites & greens separated
- 1/4 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Limes; juiced
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Chili Flakes
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings; separated - tips removed
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a small bowl make a slurry with the cornstarch and a tablespoon of water, plus more as need. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of Coconut Oil in a sauté pan. Toss in the Garlic, Ginger and Scallion Whites, cooking for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the Soy Sauce, Honey, Lime Juice, Sesame Oil and Chili Flakes. Whisk in the Cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Sauce can be made a few hours in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Season Chicken Wings with Salt & Pepper and place in a rimmed baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour sauce over wings and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until wings are cooked through and sauce is sticky.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with reserved Scallion Greens.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers