Garnish with scallions to complete this amazing game day snack
"Blow Your Mind" Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 scallions (sliced, whites & greens separated)
- 1/4 Cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 pounds chicken wings (separated at joint, tips removed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl make a slurry by stirring together he cornstarch and a tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a sauté pan. Toss in the garlic, ginger and scallion whites, cooking for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil and chili flakes. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, place in a rimmed baking dish. and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and carefully pour the sauce over the wings. Return the dish to the oven for 20 minutes, or until wings are cooked through and sauce is sticky.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with reserved scallion greens.
- Tip: The sauce can be made a few hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers