Blueberry Yogurt Pie
Why have the same ol' boring dessert when you can have this amazing tart custard pie!
- step-by-step directions
Blueberry Yogurt Pie
- For the Crust
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour (plus more to dust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- For the Filling
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 pint Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and beat until a dough is formed. Form into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured work surface, roll the ball of dough out larger than your tart shell, and about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lightly grease and flour the tart shell, and then roll the dough over the shell, and with floured fingers, press into the edges. Use flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking. Chill the crust for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla yogurt, lemon juice and zest until completely smooth.
- Pour the blueberries into the prepared tart shell.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the custard is just set and the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature. Serve room temperature or very lightly chilled.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Make sure your knuckles have flour on them, to pinch the pie crust into the pan
2. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator, but do not pre-bake the crust
rate this recipe
Spring Three Bean Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)