Why have the same ol' boring dessert when you can have this amazing tart custard pie!
Blueberry Yogurt Pie
- For the Crust
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour (plus more to dust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- For the Filling
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 pint Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the Butter and Sugar. Add the Egg and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Add to the creamed mixture and beat until a dough is formed. Form into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured work surface, roll the ball of dough out larger than your tart shell, and about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lightly grease and Flour the tart shell, and then roll the dough over the shell and with floured fingers, press into the edges. Use Flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking. Chill the crust for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla Yogurt, Lemon Juice and Zest until completely smooth, trying to avoid any bubbles.
- Pour the Blueberries into the prepared tart shell.
- Pour the filling into the tart shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the custard is just set and the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature. Serve room temperature or very lightly chilled.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Make sure your knuckles have flour on them, to pinch the pie crust into the pan
2. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator, but do not pre-bake the crust
Similar categories: Desserts