A chicken dish that is sure to warm your taste buds
Braised Chicken with Leeks & Turnips
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Leek (thinly sliced and rinsed thoroughly)
- 2-3 medium Turnips (washed and cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 2 Carrots (cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
- 1 cup Sherry Wine
- 2 sprigs Tarragon (plus 1/4 cup leaves for Gremolata)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Season Chicken on both sides generously with Salt.
- In a Dutch oven, heat a few tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium-high. Place the Chicken into the pan skin side down and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Then flip and cook until browned on the second side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the Leeks, Turnips and Carrots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with Salt.
- Toss in the Garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze with the Sherry, scraping up any brown bits. Add the Chicken Stock and Tarragon.
- Simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour over low until Chicken is tender and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the Lemon Zest, reserved Tarragon, and Parsley Leaves.
- Garnish with Gremolata and to serve.