Michael's guilty pleasure is this hot dog made into a burger!. Find out why.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 pound Bratwurst (removed from casings)
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly and evenly)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Beer (just a splash)
- 1/4 pound Gruyere Cheese (cut into slices)
- Pretzel Rolls
- ShaSha Sauce (to garnish)
- Ballpark mustard (to garnish)
- In a large skillet over low heat, add the olive oil, and the onions. season with salt, and caramelize. Maintain an even layer, so that onions uniformly cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes. When carmelized, add a splash of beer.
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium-high heat.
- Form the bratwurst into four patties. Form the ground beef into four patties. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and arrange on grill, being mindful not to crowd the surface, and cook to desired done-ness, about 5 minutes per side. After flipping the ground beef patties, add the cheese to the cooked side of the patty and allow to melt while other side cooks through.
- Toast pretzel rolls and assemble sandwiches, sandwiching the gruyere cheese between the bratwurst and ground beef patties, and topping with caramelized onions. Garnish with shasha sauce and ballpark mustard.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw