Michael's guilty pleasure is this hot dog made into a burger!. Find out why.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 pound Bratwurst (removed from casings)
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly and evenly)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Beer (just a splash)
- 1/4 pound Gruyere Cheese (cut into slices)
- Pretzel Rolls
- ShaSha Sauce (to garnish)
- Ballpark mustard (to garnish)
- In a large skillet over low heat, add the olive oil, and the onions. season with salt, and caramelize. Maintain an even layer, so that onions uniformly cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes. When carmelized, add a splash of beer.
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium-high heat.
- Form the bratwurst into four patties. Form the ground beef into four patties. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and arrange on grill, being mindful not to crowd the surface, and cook to desired done-ness, about 5 minutes per side. After flipping the ground beef patties, add the cheese to the cooked side of the patty and allow to melt while other side cooks through.
- Toast pretzel rolls and assemble sandwiches, sandwiching the gruyere cheese between the bratwurst and ground beef patties, and topping with caramelized onions. Garnish with shasha sauce and ballpark mustard.
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette