Dig into these buttery potatoes!
Michael Symon's Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pound Russet Potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes)
- Kosher Salt
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted Butter (cut into tablespoon-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Regiano (grated)
- Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with enough cold water to cover. Season with pinch of kosher salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until potatoes are very tender. Drain and return to pot.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until it foams and subsides. Whisk as it cooks and brown bits begin to form. Remove from heat immediately when butter has browned and taken a nutty flavor, being mindful not to burn. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes along with the browned butter.
- Stir in the milk until combined. Stir in the parmesan until combined. Serve.