The crunchy-sweet crust is a decadent finish to this lemon curd based dessert
Br??l??e Lemon Tart
- For the Crust
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour; plus more to dust the tart pan
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter; chilled and cut into cubes - plus more to grease tart pan
- 1 large Egg; beaten with 1 tablespoon ice water
- For the Lemon Curd
- 5 large Eggs; room temperature
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Fine Sugar to garnish
- Butter and Flour the bottom and sides of your tart tin, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the Almonds and Flour. Pulse until the Almonds have broken down; resembling coarse flour. Next add the Salt and Sugar and pulse a few times until combined. Add the Butter next, pulsing until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the Egg mixture next, pulsing only until the dough comes together. With Floured hands, press the dough into the prepared tart tin, pushing the dough up the sides as well. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prick the crust all over with a fork to dock the dough. Crumple a sheet of parchment and gently place inside tart shell. Fill with baking beans. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Discard beans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the Lemon Curd ingredients, except for the Fine Sugar. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour all of the Lemon Curd into the tart, and then return to oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the curd has set in the middle. Allow to cool to room temperature, and then chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Once completely chilled, blot any dampness or condensation from the top of the tart. Sprinkle a thin, even layer of fine sugar over the top of the tart. Using a kitchen torch, brûlée the top until golden brown and crisp. Slice and serve.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Courses & Meals Desserts Pies & Tarts Holidays & Occasions Easter