An easy appetizer or snack for your next dinner party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salmon or trout roe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Mix the flour and the buckwheat flour. Add the sugar, salt, and yeast. Put the butter and milk into a small pot and cook until the butter has melted and cool, then whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set it in a warm place to rise. When it is about doubled (about an hour and a half), whisk in the eggs.
- You can use it now, or store it in the refrigerator for a day or so; it’s better on the second day, but be sure to give it a good stir before you heat your griddle.
- Cook them on a butter-brushed pan about a minute on each side, and keep them in a 200° oven until the batter is entirely used up.
- Serve them warm, topped with lots of sour cream and generous dollops of salmon or trout roe.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)