An easy appetizer or snack for your next dinner party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salmon or trout roe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Mix the flour and the buckwheat flour. Add the sugar, salt, and yeast. Put the butter and milk into a small pot and cook until the butter has melted and cool, then whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set it in a warm place to rise. When it is about doubled (about an hour and a half), whisk in the eggs.
- You can use it now, or store it in the refrigerator for a day or so; it’s better on the second day, but be sure to give it a good stir before you heat your griddle.
- Cook them on a butter-brushed pan about a minute on each side, and keep them in a 200° oven until the batter is entirely used up.
- Serve them warm, topped with lots of sour cream and generous dollops of salmon or trout roe.
Stuffed Pork Rack with Kielbasa and Cabbage
Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket