Burger Bread Pudding
Simply delicious is what you'll get when you combine the basic preparation for a tasty dessert with the ingredients of the all-american classic burger!
- step-by-step directions
Burger Bread Pudding
- 4 potato buns (torn into pieces or large dice)
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon (medium dice)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups red onion (medium dice)
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar (grated)
- 6 Large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pickles (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place torn bread on a sheet pan in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Toast for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place torn bread into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In the meantime, in a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add bacon. Cook until crispy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the ground beef. Cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes until meat is browned.
- Add the red onion and cook an additional 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Pour the meat mixture over the toasted bread. Toss to combine.
- Add half of the bread mixture to the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese evenly over the top. Add the other half of the bread mixture to the top. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the custard over the bread and gently press down. (At this point, you may wrap the dish tightly in plastic and refrigerate overnight.)
- Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 10 minutes for serving. Garnish with pickles on top.
- Substitute burger buns with any leftover bread.
- Make the bread pudding for a party the night before. Bring to room temperature just before baking.
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie