Spicy Root Veggie Hash
Butternut, Corn & Jalapeno Hash
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Butternut Squash; coarse blade
- 1 1/2 Cups Roasted Corn Kernels
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapenos
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup + 3 tablespoons Cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dried Onion granules or pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To Roast the Corn Kernels:
Remove all strings and place the ear of Corn over a high flame on a gas stove. Using tongs, turn the Corn once partially blackened. Once the entire ear is roasted, allow the corn to cool, and then remove the kernels with a chef knife.
If you don’t have a gas stove, place the ears of Corn under a broiler to roast, being careful not to burn.
- Whisk the Egg with the Sour Cream. Mix the Squash, Corn Kernels, Jalapeno, and Egg in a bowl.
- Once the Squash is coated, add the Salt, Cayenne and Cornmeal, and mix thoroughly to prevent clumps.
- Take a 1⁄2 cup measure and pack it with the hash mixture. Invert on the parchment and press down to about 3⁄4” thick, keeping the hash together. Sprinkle each hash with 1 teaspoon of Onion granules.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow cooling for 3 minutes on the sheet tray.