These tasty pops are so good you won't want to share them.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Base:
- 1 recipe White Cake (your favorite recipe)
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 /12 cups Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate (melted)
- For the Peanut Butter Cake Pops:
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 heaping teaspoons Grape Jelly
- 1 cup Peanuts (chopped)
- For the Coconut Cake Pops:
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut (plus more to roll through)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- For the Base: Make the cake, allow to cool, and then crumble. The cake should be crumbs. Split into two batches of 5 cups of crumbs.
- Next make the buttercream frosting. Whip butter and powdered sugar in an electric mixer on low. Once incorporated, add vanilla and increase speed to high, mixing until fluffy. Add one tablespoon of milk at a time until you've reached your desired consistency. Should yield about 3 cups of buttercream. Split the buttercream into two batches.
- For the Peanut Butter Cake Pops: Fold the peanut butter into one of the batches of buttercream and set aside.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the frosting and jelly and mix into cake crumbs in a stand mixer. Roll the mixture into golf ball sized balls. Insert a popsicle stick into the ball, and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up, and then place into freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Once they have chilled, dip the pops into the hot chocolate, and then roll the chocolate dipped pop through peanuts. Return to the parchment lined sheet pan and return to freezer until all pops are set.
- For the Coconut Cake Pops: In a stand mixer, beat the frosting, desiccated coconut, coconut extract, and coconut milk into the cake crumbs until it forms a uniform consistency, and form into golf ball sized balls. Insert a popsicle stick into each of them, and then arrange onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used up, and then place into freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Once they have chilled, dip the pops into the hot chocolate, and then roll the chocolate dipped pop through the desiccated coconut. Return to the parchment lined sheet pan and return to freezer until all pops are set.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)