Caramel Peanut Butter Popcorn Donut Drops
These basically taste like childhood!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Peanut Butter Glaze :
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup caramel peanut popcorn (slightly crushed by hand)
- For the Donut Drops: In a Dutch oven, or a deep pot, fill with 3-4 inches of vegetable oil and preheat to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add eggs, ricotta, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- With a small ice cream scoop, or two spoons, scoop the dough into small balls and drop the batter into the hot oil, frying on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the donut drops to a plate lined with paper towels.
- For the Peanut Butter Glaze: In a small sauce pot, add 2 inches of water and bring to a gentle boil. Set a glass bowl over the sauce pot, and add the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl, stirring constantly. Remove from heat when mixture is melted and thoroughly combined.
- To Assemble: Drizzle the fried donut drops with the warm peanut butter glaze and sprinkle with caramel peanut popcorn.
- Tip: Swap out the peanut butter for your favorite nut butter!
Similar categories: Desserts
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions