Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Apples and Pecans
These Brussel Sprouts are for sure going to be a definite crowd pleasure!
- step-by-step directions
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional to finish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (outer leaves removed, quartered)
- 1 honeycrisp apples (cored, halved, diced)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup pecans halves (toasted, chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or chestnut honey
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the sprouts just begin to caramelize, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add apples and toss to combine, and cook until the apples and Brussels sprouts are caramelized and almost tender, but still have a bite, another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the sherry vinegar, pecans, honey, and parsley. Quickly toss to combine, season with salt and pepper and remove to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil to finish if desired.
- Tip: To save time, precut your Brussels sprouts and place in a zip-top bag with a damp paper towel the day before your Thanksgiving meal.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal