Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Apples and Pecans
These Brussel Sprouts are for sure going to be a definite crowd pleasure!
- step-by-step directions
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional to finish)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (outer leaves removed, quartered)
- 1 honeycrisp apples (cored, halved, diced)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup pecans halves (toasted, chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or chestnut honey
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the sprouts just begin to caramelize, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add apples and toss to combine, and cook until the apples and Brussels sprouts are caramelized and almost tender, but still have a bite, another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the sherry vinegar, pecans, honey, and parsley. Quickly toss to combine, season with salt and pepper and remove to a platter. Drizzle with olive oil to finish if desired.
- Tip: To save time, precut your Brussels sprouts and place in a zip-top bag with a damp paper towel the day before your Thanksgiving meal.
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard