Treat yourself to a delicious dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, small dice
- 1 red or yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 green pepper, small dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, small dice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 piece andouille, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons roux (equal parts butter and flour cooked to light brown), as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 cup boiled rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sweat onions then add garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in diced celery and peppers. Add cayenne pepper and adjust seasoning. Cook until soft.
- In a separate small skillet, sauté andouille until browned. Add to vegetables. Pour in wine and let reduce.
- Pour in chicken stock then stir in 2 tablespoons dark brown roux. Adjust seasoning and add the thyme and oregano. Throw in chicken and shrimp at the last minute, so they do not overcook.
- Serve gumbo over boiled rice.
Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
Roasted Chicken with Boozy BBQ Sauce
Grilled German Potato Salad
Cleveland Baked Beans
Pea Pesto Pasta
Herbed Asparagus Frittata with Pea Shoot Salad
Striped Bass with Endive and Spring Onions
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Poule au Pot
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables