An authentic southern dish!
Carla Hall's Gumbo
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
1 Small onion (Small dice)
2 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
1 Rib Celery (small dice)
1 Red or Yellow Pepper (small dice)
1 Green Pepper (small dice)
1 Jalapeno Pepper (small dice)
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Piece Andouille
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sweat onions, then add garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in diced celery and peppers. Add cayenne pepper and adjust seasoning. Cook until soft.
- In a separate small skillet, sauté andouille until browned. Add to vegetables. Pour in wine and let reduce.
- Pour in chicken stock, then stir in 2 tablespoons dark brown roux. Adjust seasoning and add the thyme and oregano. Throw in chicken and shrimp at the last minute, so they do not overcook.
- Serve gumbo over boiled rice.