Carrot Cake Poppers
The delicious taste of Carrot Cake with none of the guilt!
- step-by-step directions
Mini Carrot Cake Muffins:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 2 tablespoons, divided)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup carrots (peeled, about 2-3 medium sized, finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted, roughly chopped, plus more to garnish)
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese (softened, room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 24-count mini-muffin tin with liners.
- For the Mini Carrot Cake Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together egg, oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until just combined, taking care not to overmix. Gently fold in shredded carrots and raisins.
- In small bowl, toss the walnuts in 2 tablespoons of flour and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick pulls out cleanly when inserted into the center. Allow to cool.
- For the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the whipped cream cheese, vanilla extract, honey and whip until light and fluffy.
- To assemble: Using a small metal spatula or knife, frost tops of muffins and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Serve.
- Tip: Can't eat them all in one sitting? Freeze the muffins before frosting them for a late-night snack!
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs