Carrot Ginger Soup
Clinton's Carrot Ginger Soup will warm you right up!
- step-by-step directions
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 pounds carrots (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped, to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, season with salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute until softened.
- Add the carrots, chicken stock, red pepper flakes and honey. Bring to a boil and simmer, partially covered, until the carrots are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Using an immersion blender puree the soup until smooth or transfer the soup in batches to the carafe of a blender, puree until smooth and return to the pot. Stir in the lime juice and zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with Greek yogurt and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Make a big batch of the soup and freeze for a quick weeknight meal!
Similar categories: Soups Soups & Stews Carrots Ingredients Vegetables Carrots Courses & Meals Dinner Soups & Stews
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad