Make Carla's grain-free Risotto for your family tonight!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more)
- 1 head cauliflower (grated or cut into 1/4" pieces)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (plus more as necessary)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oil in a large, high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until translucent. To the same pan, add the cauliflower and the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and sautee for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze the plan with white wine and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is almost evaporated. Add the chicken stock and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon zest, pine nuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Tips: Serve this as a side dish in place of high-caloric risotto dish.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Cauliflower Courses & Meals Dinner Vegetarian Cuisine Vegetarian
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal