Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
A dinner you could literally whip up in minutes!
- step-by-step directions
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken:
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups pretzel twists (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (finely grated)
- 3 chicken thighs (boneless, skin-on, pounded 1/4-inch thickness)
- canola oil and olive oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Spicy Corn Relish:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ears corn (shucked, kernels removed)
- 2 cubanelle peppers (stemmed, seeded, sliced into rings)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 6 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 limes (zested, juiced)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Preheat a nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Prepare a dredging station. In the first baking dish add the flour, second add the eggs and third add the pretzels and cheddar cheese.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in the egg mixture then dredge in the pretzels and cheese, shaking off any excess.
- Add equal parts of canola and olive oil to the nonstick saute pan until 1/2-inch deep. Add the chicken to the oil and allow to fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to the paper towel-lined plate. Slice and serve over the spicy corn relish.
- For the Corn Relish: Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Add the corn, cubanelle peppers, garlic and red chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the corn is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions, lime zest and juice and sour cream and stir to combine. Add the cilantro and stir to combine.
- Remove to a platter and top with the chicken.
- Tip: The corn relish is perfect served hot or cold at a picnic or potluck!
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat