Bacon and cheese ... a delicious combination!
Cheese-encased Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 4 Slices Bacon (fried)
- 4 1/3- inch Thick Slices Provolone cheese
- 4 Slices Bread
- 2 Slices American Cheese
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (separated)
- Rip three holes in two of the slices of the bread in a triangle formation. Weave two pieces of bacon through the holes on each slice.
- Place a slice of american cheese between a slice of bacon woven bread, and regular bread. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add a tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the provologne and place one of the sandwiches on top. Cook until melted and crisp. Carefully remove from pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil, and place another slice of the provolone in the pan. Flip partially made sandwich over onto the cooking slice of provolone and fry until crisp and melted. Repeat for second sandwich. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Serve with cheese fondue.