Cheese Fondue never goes out of style!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 pound gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- crusty bread (thinly sliced or cubed, to serve)
- apples (sliced, to serve)
- crudite (to serve)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the white wine and shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch. When the wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the cheese/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted then season with salt and stir in the Dijon mustard. Serve with your favorite dippers--crusty bread, apples, crudite, etc.
- Keep warm to serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Dinner Courses & Meals French Cuisine
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers