Cheese Fondue never goes out of style!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 pound gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- crusty bread (thinly sliced or cubed, to serve)
- apples (sliced, to serve)
- crudite (to serve)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the white wine and shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch. When the wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the cheese/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted then season with salt and stir in the Dijon mustard. Serve with your favorite dippers--crusty bread, apples, crudite, etc.
- Keep warm to serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Dinner Courses & Meals French Cuisine
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Chicago-Style Polish Sausage