Cheese Fondue never goes out of style!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 pound gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- crusty bread (thinly sliced or cubed, to serve)
- apples (sliced, to serve)
- crudite (to serve)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the white wine and shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch. When the wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the cheese/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted then season with salt and stir in the Dijon mustard. Serve with your favorite dippers--crusty bread, apples, crudite, etc.
- Keep warm to serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Dinner Courses & Meals French Cuisine
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella