Cheese Fondue never goes out of style!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 pound gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- crusty bread (thinly sliced or cubed, to serve)
- apples (sliced, to serve)
- crudite (to serve)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the white wine and shallots. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the shredded cheese and cornstarch. When the wine has reduced by at least 1/3, whisk in the cheese/cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted then season with salt and stir in the Dijon mustard. Serve with your favorite dippers--crusty bread, apples, crudite, etc.
- Keep warm to serve.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Cheese Appetizers Dinner Courses & Meals French Cuisine
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal